Skip to main content

DO I REALLY NEED ALL THIS TO START ? ( STARTER KIT FOR TRANSITIONING)

Starter Kit For Transitioning


No one tells you this when you start , when you ;look on youtube and google your life away you find all kinds of mumbo jumbo that they say you should try from product and techniques. Then they show pics of the healthy hair they have now and don't tell what they did to achieve their beautiful maine. It really kind of pisses me off because I'm trying to get there and you all don't  want to give up the tapes! They just say do a big chop! Hell naw! I'm not down with the TWA movement more power to you all but that's not going to work for me.


Then they say “oh girl you can transition” and show you a list of expensive products and their twist out video. I was so lost I didn't  have a clue. So after long nights of research and trial and error I figured that to start off I did not need Ms. Jesse , nor did I need  Ms. Carol or her daughter !
So in effort to help my sisters in the beginning of the transition I created a starter kit. A simple list of things  that anyone can find afford and comprehend and throughout your journey you won't be able to live without. So let's get on with it ….


  1. WIDE TOOTH COMB
Your new best friend this is going to help with detangling  process. Yes girl you  have to detangle this mess. Remember how we use to rake through your head and how mamma use to break a comb on that kitchen. This will allow you to slide through your curls and your damaged and or processed ends without breaking your  strands.


  1. SPRAY BOTTLE
Your spray bottle is going to be your secret weapon against dryness. Yes us colored girls can get water in our hair! All of our lives we been told don't wet your hair . Well guess what , our hair loves it especially the new growth that will  starting to curl. Be careful with using the tap water it can contain harsh minerals and other junk they use to clean the water. I like to fill my bottle with just some distilled or spring water.



  1. CONDITIONER
Conditioner is going to be the new love of  you life! Yes this is going to help lock and seal moisture into your strands. Leaving your hair much more softer and much more manageable. That's not even the best part these is going to work to loosen those tangles and have them melt like butter. This will become a must in life for you as you battle to tame your new curls.
  • Deep conditioning  is important good starter ones Aussi moist 3 minute miracle.
  • Leave in conditioner is going to be your cream that holds everything in.


  1. GOOD NATURAL OIL
Oil ladies! Get rid of the world famous Blue Magic. No go on that one. Oil is going to seal in moisture for your hair. It's good for massaging the scalp and getting  some simulation to the scalp and letting that blood start to flow. Simulation promotes hair growth. Not makes it grow but it provides an environment that will allow maximum growth. Some good ones are cold pressed coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, safflower oil, grape seed or Jamaican black castor oil. These oils are also good to use for pre-pooing and stopping the oils from being stripped while clearing the scalp.


  1. SULFATE- FREE SHAMPOO
Sorry ladies you're gonna have to put down that VO5 no go on that one. A sulfate free shampoo is going to clean your hair but not strip the oils from the hair they don't have harsh chemicals that takes everything away. We only want to get rid of the bad the build up. An  inexpensive good example of this is Garnier fructis curl nourish system.


  1. PROTECTION
Ladies, while transitioning the fundamental part of this process is keeping your processed ends on until you are comfortable with cut them off. So we need to protect them after we have done the sealing and moisture. to keep the that way . Now there's two parts to this :
  • Protective styling -this is any style that allows your hair to rest and the end of your hair are tucked away ie: braids, twist ,buns sew in weaves, wigs and anything else you could think of as long as the ends are away a you don't need to continuously manipulate your hair.
  • Protecting while sleeping be sure to use tools like satin or silk bonnets while sleeping. Not only will these keep your protective styles  longer, but they will reduce breakage. So while you are sleeping your head moves around rubbing against that cotton pillow case. 1 it draws moisture from the hair. 2 this constant friction breaks the strand and when you wake up there's hair everywhere. So to stay away from  that nightmare just wrap it up or purchase a satin pillowcase
.++++ LADIES IF YOU STILL HAVE THAT ITCH FOR HEAT BE SURE TO USE A HEAT PROTECTANT. BUT I WOULD ADVISE TO TRY AND STAY AWAY FROM YOUR NEW SWORN ENEMY. YOU HAIRS GOING THROUGH A LOT AND IS VERY FRAGILE HEAT ISN'T ANYTHING BUT A HINDER.
**BONUS**
Styling product , when I started I didn't really use anything to hold my styles the stayed with pretty much just the oil and the water however if you want to try something for a little hold. Try Eco styler gel it no alcohol product ,doesn't flake , works pretty well with other products and has  great hold .In my opinion the best for curl definition is the pink container. For max hold keeping my bun slick a smooth I love the olive oil with max hold.
So there you have it ladies these few and easy things will get you started. No long list of product. No preaching .straight to the point and right in the budget . So for now happy transitioning!
-
-Xoxo imperfectly perfect beauty








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where am I going ? How did I get here?

The reason that I started to transition.....       I had been at a job where all of my time went into it and before all of that I am a single mom. So I started to let my self go the main thing to go was my hair. Didn't take care of it at all just through it onto a ponytail and went. my hair was soooo dry and falling out of my head in clumps. still the light bulb had not come on I counted all to the weather changing to winter. Like that was something that is suppose to happen.     My hair had gotten so bad that it was broke in the middle and there was nothing i could do. So  I started to wear wigs and it only had gotten worst  to the point that there was i thought I would have had to chop it all off. So I started to do some research on how to save my strands. F irst thing that I came ac cross was deep conditioning now I knew that was important but i didn't know how much. i would do it every now and then when i wanted that extra bounce in my hair because it maid it really l

Renpure and Glycerin. I lost inches of my hair!!!

Hey boys and girls!  Its been a while but your girl is back ! Have I got the tea on this hair journey? Yes, chile! Lets talk about the this Renpure Coconut Water hydrating Shampoo and Condiioner. So I picked this up about a month ago while I was in Marshall’s. It caught my eye because I have color treated hair now so Im always looking for something that will keep my curls moist and keep them popping. So, of course, the product junkie in me was like you have to have this 34 oz for just $9.99. It’s a steal, right? So I have been using it. The first impression my hair felt a little dryer the usual, but I took in to consideration that it was the shampoo that I was using and I wanted to clairify my hair from all the gel and butter that I had been using. So I said hey I also picked up the Renpure Coconut Crème deep treatment masque which even maid claims that it was color safe, no sulfates.Sodium, chlordedyes harsh salts, Parabeans or gulten.  The crème masque was only $ 6.99. It sounds