Skip to main content

DID I JUST BIG CHOP MY HAIR??

Hey guys what up? Happy new year! I know it's been a long time coming, but you girls back, and I promise not to stay away for so long! I have so much to share with you guys, so much has been going on and changing.

Image result for hair shears
I think I may have big chopped guys! Ok so I've been transitioning my hair for about two years now I have had much success with retaining my length as well as growing out my permed and damaged ends. Now we all dread the critical task, we must all do at some point in the journey. TRIMMING our ends.

     Nevertheless, I have cut my ends periodically. Only because I knew that I need to do so to reach the ultimate goal of having my natural locs. Every time I did trim it was maybe 1 centimeter at a time. I was never really wanting to get rid of my hang time. Chile, I was trying to be a 2017 Pocahontas. When I did trim my hair, I was so self-conscious about it so I would hide behind my protective styles maybe a sew in or some faux locs.  So I never really saw the shorter length and never actually go the chance to embrace my hair at those lengths I hide for a few months and buy then it would be grown back.

      I had been saying that I would cut the ends because it was time and that would be the only means to an end. So I washed my hair with apple cider vinegar and blew it out with the dryer. Took the hair shears and went in yall. I was just supposed to do a lite trim like a dusting. I saw the healthy thick hair against stringy straight hair. It was like no you must go. Plus I had some damage that had to go through my hair journey I have been trying to nurse it back to life. I seemed to like it was working, but after two years I was over it. So it had to go as well!


     I may have got one of two things sick and tired and ready to just do it, or I was scissor happy. Whichever the two I cut all of the damage and permed ends of. I had taken about 2 inches that I had left completely off. The crazy thing about it was that I didn't even notice what I had done til a week later on my next wash day. I had the curls coming in already I had about 75%  natural hair. Which I pulled my hair up and my brother was like curls for days. I looked in the mirror, and there was not one straight strand of hair. 
This moment was significant for me because for the first time I saw and knew how beautiful I was. all my life they said that my hair was nappy, I had Beattie beads, and it wouldn't grow. I wasn't like the other girls. They were right about one part  I wasn't like the other girls I am beautiful in my own right!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO I REALLY NEED ALL THIS TO START ? ( STARTER KIT FOR TRANSITIONING)

Starter Kit For Transitioning No one tells you this when you start , when you ;look on youtube and google your life away you find all kinds of mumbo jumbo that they say you should try from product and techniques. Then they show pics of the healthy hair they have now and don't tell what they did to achieve their beautiful maine. It really kind of pisses me off because I'm trying to get there and you all don't  want to give up the tapes! They just say do a big chop! Hell naw! I'm not down with the TWA movement more power to you all but that's not going to work for me. Then they say “oh girl you can transition” and show you a list of expensive products and their twist out video. I was so lost I didn't  have a clue. So after long nights of research and trial and error I figured that to start off I did not need Ms. Jesse , nor did I need  Ms. Carol or her daughter ! So in effort to help my sisters in the beginning of the transition I created a starter kit.

Where am I going ? How did I get here?

The reason that I started to transition.....       I had been at a job where all of my time went into it and before all of that I am a single mom. So I started to let my self go the main thing to go was my hair. Didn't take care of it at all just through it onto a ponytail and went. my hair was soooo dry and falling out of my head in clumps. still the light bulb had not come on I counted all to the weather changing to winter. Like that was something that is suppose to happen.     My hair had gotten so bad that it was broke in the middle and there was nothing i could do. So  I started to wear wigs and it only had gotten worst  to the point that there was i thought I would have had to chop it all off. So I started to do some research on how to save my strands. F irst thing that I came ac cross was deep conditioning now I knew that was important but i didn't know how much. i would do it every now and then when i wanted that extra bounce in my hair because it maid it really l

Renpure and Glycerin. I lost inches of my hair!!!

Hey boys and girls!  Its been a while but your girl is back ! Have I got the tea on this hair journey? Yes, chile! Lets talk about the this Renpure Coconut Water hydrating Shampoo and Condiioner. So I picked this up about a month ago while I was in Marshall’s. It caught my eye because I have color treated hair now so Im always looking for something that will keep my curls moist and keep them popping. So, of course, the product junkie in me was like you have to have this 34 oz for just $9.99. It’s a steal, right? So I have been using it. The first impression my hair felt a little dryer the usual, but I took in to consideration that it was the shampoo that I was using and I wanted to clairify my hair from all the gel and butter that I had been using. So I said hey I also picked up the Renpure Coconut Crème deep treatment masque which even maid claims that it was color safe, no sulfates.Sodium, chlordedyes harsh salts, Parabeans or gulten.  The crème masque was only $ 6.99. It sounds