Skip to main content

Renpure and Glycerin. I lost inches of my hair!!!

Hey boys and girls!  Its been a while but your girl is back ! Have I got the tea on this hair journey? Yes, chile! Lets talk about the this Renpure Coconut Water hydrating Shampoo and Condiioner. So I picked this up about a month ago while I was in Marshall’s. It caught my eye because I have color treated hair now so Im always looking for something that will keep my curls moist and keep them popping. So, of course, the product junkie in me was like you have to have this 34 oz for just $9.99. It’s a steal, right?

So I have been using it. The first impression my hair felt a little dryer the usual, but I took in to consideration that it was the shampoo that I was using and I wanted to clairify my hair from all the gel and butter that I had been using. So I said hey I also picked up the Renpure Coconut Crème deep treatment masque which even maid claims that it was color safe, no sulfates.Sodium, chlordedyes harsh salts, Parabeans or gulten.  The crème masque was only $ 6.99. It sounds like it was the bomb right. I used it over a month spand my curls were being kept. My ends were getting stringy and thin but were springing my hair reverted correctly. I was excited about this I was hooked like crack. I used it twice a week. Thinking that I was giving my Colored natural hair extra TLC.

Never the less as the month went on I noticed that My ends were getting thinner. His should not have been happening; I had just had a second big chop after I had damaged my hair by letting it matt and not correctly detangling my hair. So after not using heat for about six months because of the color and me thinking that it was too much of a risk, I blew my hair out using the tention method as well as a heat protectant. My ends were shreaded! I couldn’t believe how in just a month my hair ha changed after all this time. Before you even say my hair had been colored for six months and was heathly growing and flourishing with no problems using other products. So it wasn’t the color.
So I begin to do some research I noticed that all three of these product has Glycerin 
( vegetable oil) in them.
Stop interrupting and let me tell the story!

I know all over the internet, and youtube with is the number 1 source of knowlgde for us naturals and transoitioners, but you have to go deeper baby.
Glycerin is fantastic for hydration that’s why a lot of naturals will swear by this. Think about t his though It's excellent to use glycerin based products in the moderately moist air. Not too humid, not too dry. Glycerin works greatest on natural hair when it is pulling moisture from the air to keep our tresses moisturized throughout the day. So no Im not saying throw all products with glycerin in the trash. Im telling you that I live In Pennslyvaina it’s wintertime. This means that there is no moister in the air.  The way the weather is set up it cold crips and this wind cuts. So by adding glycerin to my hair, I was doing more harm to my hair the helping because if there is no moisture in the air to pull from The moister in my, my hair was released into the atmosphere leavug my hair dry and ceceptable to damage.

Once I had relize this, it was to late!

I will revist this product in the summer months to see how it works but for now. Renpure  Coconut Hydrating shampoo and deep conditioner masque will be a NO! So if you are in a dry climent hold the breaks read and research before you just be a product junkie and OD!

Thant exacly what I did OD and now my hair is in rehab! I had to cut inches of my hair and its not cute I cut all the damage out. I didn’t even think about a stlye I knoew that I had to get the hair off before I had none left.

Im not upset I just chalk it to the journey. I have learned something new. That’s what makes it a journey I don’t see it ass a set back I hate when people say that. It’s a journey, and that’s what a journey is exploration and lessons.
That’s all I have to say about that until next time

Xoxoxoxo imperfectlyperfectana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO I REALLY NEED ALL THIS TO START ? ( STARTER KIT FOR TRANSITIONING)

Starter Kit For Transitioning No one tells you this when you start , when you ;look on youtube and google your life away you find all kinds of mumbo jumbo that they say you should try from product and techniques. Then they show pics of the healthy hair they have now and don't tell what they did to achieve their beautiful maine. It really kind of pisses me off because I'm trying to get there and you all don't  want to give up the tapes! They just say do a big chop! Hell naw! I'm not down with the TWA movement more power to you all but that's not going to work for me. Then they say “oh girl you can transition” and show you a list of expensive products and their twist out video. I was so lost I didn't  have a clue. So after long nights of research and trial and error I figured that to start off I did not need Ms. Jesse , nor did I need  Ms. Carol or her daughter ! So in effort to help my sisters in the beginning of the transition I created a starter kit.

Where am I going ? How did I get here?

The reason that I started to transition.....       I had been at a job where all of my time went into it and before all of that I am a single mom. So I started to let my self go the main thing to go was my hair. Didn't take care of it at all just through it onto a ponytail and went. my hair was soooo dry and falling out of my head in clumps. still the light bulb had not come on I counted all to the weather changing to winter. Like that was something that is suppose to happen.     My hair had gotten so bad that it was broke in the middle and there was nothing i could do. So  I started to wear wigs and it only had gotten worst  to the point that there was i thought I would have had to chop it all off. So I started to do some research on how to save my strands. F irst thing that I came ac cross was deep conditioning now I knew that was important but i didn't know how much. i would do it every now and then when i wanted that extra bounce in my hair because it maid it really l